Thursday, October 20, 2016

WASTING AWAY

Nailbomb- "Point Blank" LP (Roadrunner)
Reissue, 2016
Red Vinyl 1297/1500

This album (via a friends older brothers CD) was one of my earliest exposures to Metal when I was a young boy. I think the connection to Sepultura via Max Cavalera and the backing of Roadrunner Records were the two main reasons that my friends and I had taken interest in Nailbomb, but I think that in a time when my favourite bands were simple, groove based bands like Pantera, "Roots" era Sepultura and Machine Head, a lot of the stuff on offer with this album kind of went over my head. It's only in the last 4 years or so that I have really come to appreciate this LP. Recently reissued on vinyl for the first time since the original pressing back in the mid 90's, I had to get myself a copy.

No comments: