Monday, February 15, 2016

NO SYMPATHY

No Tolerance- "You Walk Alone" LP (Painkiller)
First Pressing, 2015
Black Vinyl /982

Lots of excitement around this new LP from Boston elite, No Tolerance. This is a regular black press from PKR, the limited red press from this label now fetches big bucks. Quality Control handled the Euro pressing, and likewise, that labels limited blue colourway also fetches princely sums. All I have read and heard is nothing but praise for this album, but I must say, it's not living up to my expectations. By no means a terrible release- it's solid Boston style hardcore, and there's even a couple re-do's of previously released tracks, but it's just not grabbing me in the same way the bands earlier material - particularly the demo - did. Possible the slightly less punchy recording? Maybe. Worth grabbing I suppose though.


No comments: