Friday, January 9, 2015

TIED

Social Damage- "Eye For An Eye" 7" (Straight And Alert/Life To Live)
First Press, 2014
Black Vinyl /328

When I last posted about Social Damage from Indianapolis, I mentioned how much I liked the music presented on that demo collection 7", but I also spoke about how I didn't think that it was really necessary. Perhaps ironically, I could probably say the exact opposite thing about their debut EP, "Eye For An Eye". Obviously, it's almost always a prerequisite for any newish band to make their first vinyl or CD release in the form of an EP, it's just a pity that the songs here aren't really as good. The same thing's happening here as with both of their original demos though; accurate Straight Ahead styled NYHC worship, the recording just lacks something- not as punchy, and the songs, like I said, aren't as good- not as catchy.

No comments: