Saturday, November 22, 2014

FUCKED UP HEAD

The Combat Zone- s/t LP (Side Two)
First Press, 2014
Black Vinyl /400

Though my buying has lagged this year for various reasons, I do keep a list of current and upcoming essential purchases. Stuff that is must-get regardless of how much postage may cost, or how it might effect my savings. A lot of the list is bulked by stuff from the UK and Boston (and Boston surrounds) and until earlier in the year the debut s/t LP from The Combat Zone. I have actually been spinning this copy now for a few months and I'm confident in saying that this album will definitely end 2014 as one of my top LP's.
There's nothing to it really- as with a heap of the stuff that I post on here, they're a modern hardcore band essentially playing a style that owes a heap to the Boston scene of the early 80's. They just do it really well. Though they've progressed from their demo in virtually zero increments, this is a lot better than that tape.

No comments: