Thursday, August 28, 2014

SALTING THE EARTH

Oblivionation- "Language Of Violence" LP (Antitodo)
First Press, 2014
Black Vinyl /250

Following on from the previous post, this is the latest offering from Massachusetts' Oblivionation. Their debut long player, "Language Of Violence", this is the Spanish pressing committed by Antitodo Records, and I'm almost entirely positive that Rock n Roll Disgrace were to be handling the US version of this album, but it's been months now since this version's been available, and even longer since I've heard any talk about the US pressing.
A premium offering by any standards, though I'm certainly struggling to maintain my initial excitement that developed following the bands demo. The recording faults I referenced with their previous EP in my last post have been addressed, but all ten songs here sound exactly the same, with the same intensity, and the same tempo, and the same lyrical themes, and following an entire catalogue of songs that are built around the exact same model, I've certainly found it a challenge not losing interest before having to flip this record over. In small bursts it's good, but it doesn't warrant full or repeated listens from me. With that said, I respect the shit out of any band that's willing to play such a style that's so out of trend with current hardcore tastes.

No comments: