Saturday, March 29, 2014

BAR SMASH

Kurb Stomp- Stomp The Druggies Tape (Self Released)
First Edition, 2012

I don't really remember how I got onto Kurb Stomp. I think this "Stomp The Druggies" demo tape of theirs may have been included in a Youth Attack update at some point in 2012 and I may have looked into the band from there, but I'm not sure. This would certainly be the kind of music you'd expect to see Youth Attack involved with these days; ignorant, scummy, stripped down hardcore. The four tracks here possess one of the most blown out, roughest recordings I've heard since the last Urban Blight EP and scrape in at around five minutes. I'd been chasing this tape for the better part of 12 months until one popped up on discogs from somewhere in Europe a few weeks ago. Lyrical content revolves mostly around ignorant, baiting straight edge lyrics, and though I'm not edge at all, I wish I was when listening to "SxE Streetfight". Good stuff.

No comments: