Monday, February 10, 2014

PROBLEM SOLVED

In general I hate using the term ironic for anything, but I suppose it would be apt when it comes to how I acquired the following LP. "Domestic Violence Kept The Neighbourhood Quiet" from Sydney's Apprehended Violence Order (AVO) is I suppose the jewel in the bands crown and the last thing they released before they split up in 2009. I landed this record at All Ages in London last month. Sighted by some as one of the strongest bands to come out of the Sydney scene during the 2000's, they were a band that certainly didn't pander to any trends of the time, playing a largely caustic brand of punk that took a properly misanthropic and individual stance against the more mosh orientated bands coming out of the scene at the same time. I wouldn't pretend that I have ever been a fiend for this band, but I do believe that if you're a record collecting hardcore fan in Australia, this LP is essential to the library. I'm a little embarrassed that I've only picked it up this year.

No comments: