Friday, August 30, 2013

TOASTED

Another new record from one of Australia's hardest working hardcore bands, Byron Bay's Shackles. The "Disposed Of" 7" comes about courtesy of Urban Rage Records out of Sydney. Continuing on much where the last single sided 12" and split with Worn Out left off, this new EP finds the band delving harder into metallic fastcore territory. Correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm sure that this is the first time the band have recorded with Chris Brownbill, and his more organic style certainly suits the band to a tee. Marks vocals continue to develop further; his low end easily at it's most dissonant yet. I'd argue that this EP would be the best example so far of the sound the band are going for. They've got a new LP due before the end of the year that I'm betting will be great.


No comments: