Monday, August 5, 2013

SPECTRAL DOMINATION

This one has been a long time coming, finally the vinyl version of the Disma LP, "Towards The Megalith" is upon us. This thing is a lush double LP with a triple gatefold sleeve and photos don't do true justice as to how clean it really is. It's thick, high gloss and being a triple gatefold, the spine is nearly as thick as my thumb. Certainly the cleanest and most elaborate record I now own, and of course it's been pressed by none other than the mighty Doomentia Records. A few variations were pressed; 250 copies on this highlighter green wax, 250 copies on a coke bottle green colourway, and 500 single picture disc LP's. Both of the double LP versions sold out in around 24 hours as per usual with stuff like this from Doomentia. I think the pic disc is still available.
I'm almost positive that this album made my best of list for 2011 in it's original CD version and I'm sure I've mentioned at least a couple times over the last two years how much I was looking forward to this finally seeing it's vinyl release. Driving, guttural American Death Metal from New Jeresy is the order of the day, and these guys would probably be the best example of this slow, loud, rather polished sound coming out of the USA at the moment. The two double LP versions of this record also came with a two song bonus 7" recorded specifically for this release just over a year ago. It's on white vinyl and the new tracks are every bit as brutal as you'd expect.

1 comment:

xtinox said...

artwork looks awesome! works great with the triple gatefold.