Tuesday, August 27, 2013

SEISMIC ANNIHILATION

Sewercide from Melbourne play great thrash/death metal and this is their tape, "Severe Trauma". I'm not sure though if this thing should be classed as a demo tape or as a solid release on it's own. They've got a handful of other releases under their belts or on the way and they're about to head out on tour with Brisbane Hardmen Sick People. The announcement of that tour was the first time I had heard of them, and glazing over the details of said run of shows I somehow came under the impression that they were from the USA. Dabbling in a few of their tracks on their bandcamp did nothing to turn those impressions either. The two tracks on this tape (and all the other tracks spread across other releases too) are amazingly written, executed and recorded Death Thrash that could easily contend with big bands like Toxic Holocaust and Municipal Waste. Riffs riffs riffs. There's nothing more I can say about it. It's just excellent metal. When I found out that these guys were in fact Australian I was even more excited. I was lucky enough to catch them live on my trip to Melbourne a few weeks back and they were brutal live too. Four long haired dudes with a more regular hardcore guy frontman. One of the guitarists was perfect. Waste long hair with a sleeveless white shirt, tight acid washed jeans and white Nike high tops. These guys know what they're on about.

No comments: