Tuesday, July 17, 2012

INSURANCE RISK

Another Boston classic, this time the reissue of X Claim! #4, "Brotherhood" by D.Y.S. Not a Reflex Records reissue, this time you can thank Razor Edge. A recent pick up on eBay, my copy is on black wax. I can't find much more information on this pressing really, other than that it was pressed in 2009. I have a sneaky feeling that it may be a bootleg. Might explain the small amount of cash that I handed over for it. If it is a boot, it's a clean one, more or less down to the precise point in terms of similarities to the original. Certainly not my favourite of the original Boston crew, but a very popular band regardless, and there's some absolutely essential Boston anthems here. I'd say this is probably their best stuff, and Dave Smalley sounds remarkably similar to Choke here.

No comments: