Wednesday, May 2, 2012

you suffer

With yesterday's announcement of the upcoming Converge/Napalm Death split 7" I figure this post is in order. Picked this up a few weeks ago in a bulk order from the Crucial Response Records distro. A bootleg copy of the debut Napalm Death LP, "Scum". Black vinyl.


I've had the picture disc version of this record for a few years now, and I've wanted a proper sleeve version for longer. I happened to stumble across this boot version while making an order for some other records from Crucial Response so I figured it would be good enough. Literally two days after I ordered and paid for this though those recent official Earache reissues were announced. In retrospect I probably should have grabbed one but at the time I wasn't into the idea. Whatever.


From what I can tell it's a pretty faithful boot in terms of packaging and layout etc. I've never actually seen an OG version but people who know have informed me so. As far as I know the front and back covers are actually just direct photocopies of the real edition, but they're pretty god ones as you'd never noticed unless it was pointed out.


No comments: