Monday, July 25, 2011

altar of worms


I can fully understand how my new found interest in current death metal may fall outside of the taste range of the majority of my established list of followers, regardless I need to talk about Finland's Corpsessed. So as I'm sure you've gathered, I only ever blog about vinyl and cassette releases. I won't get into why, if you read this blog you probably know why anyway. I kind of see this blog as a way for me to express what bands I am taking an interest in at the current moment so most of the time if a band hasn't had the chance (or made the effort) to release something on the analogue format, they won't get a mention on here. Corpsessed put an EP out this year of down tuned, scuzzy death metal, but only on CD, so I haven't had the chance to blog about them yet (I never buy CD's). "The Dagger & The Chalice" has been on constant repeat on my ipod for a good six weeks now. Easily the heaviest thing I'm listening to at the moment, I'd quickly describe these guys as purveyors of a sound that falls somewhere between the first Hooded Menace LP and some faster stuff like Horrendous and Bone Sickness. The majority of their work is built around a slow tempo, peppered with blast beats, tremolo's and leads. From that description you'd just gather that they're another run of the mill death metal band, but don't be fooled, they're certainly not. I can't really put my finger on why exactly I'm so fond of them, but a random guess would put it down to the great production they've got going here. It's amazingly heavy. The guys have assured me that this EP will soon see a vinyl release, but until then I can just make this post. A quick google search will find you more information. Any fans of good current death metal need not pass this band up.

No comments: