Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Legionnaire's Disease

New stuff by local (Brisbane) bands. First up, the new 7" from Tear Gas. Japanese hardcore ala Bastard and the like. I don't listen to a huge amount of Burning Spirits styled stuff, so who knows, maybe my comparison is way off. I bugged and bugged the shit out of Neil for this record, and finally got my copy a few nights ago. Not exactly sure of the availability, but I've heard in a few places that it's kind of hard to get a hold of now. Who knows though. Solid red vinyl, I think the whole pressing is on this colour. Artwork by none other than Murdoch Stafford.
Minimalist packaging, all of the relevant liner notes are printed on the back of the glued sleeve.
And the new tape from Brisbane yellow peril, Shock Value. They had 30 copies at the (mental) show they played the other night, but they're gonna dub another 20.
Covers of Black Flag, SSD, DYS, and The FU's. Number 2 of 50.

No comments: