Thursday, May 6, 2010

Jungle Music

Two records that I know I'll never listen to ever again. Don't hate, obviously I do buy records before I have actually heard the band. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I'm not often let down by any purchase, but these two really are not my thing. First one, this Folded Shirt ep put out by Fashionable Idiots. I like most stuff that this label puts out, so I thought that I would give this one a hot try. Really not my thing. Spastic, weird, noisy crapola. Pretty sure most of it is a joke anyway. In a bio I read they used the following speal: "listen your IQ level straight down into the dirt". Pretty spot on. Song titles like 'Crazy Eyes', and '15 Year Old Kids'. You get the idea.
And this is the second s/t 7" by Broken Patterns. Again, another purchase based pretty much on the quality of the issuing labels good track record (and the list of members other bands, Knife Fight being one of them). I like Six Feet Under's style, but this is certainly out of my taste range, by a long shot. Danger House styled punk rock I guess. I like it angrier.
Not a massive fan of the layout or artwork either. Each to their own though I guess. Clear yellow type vinyl. Anyone who wants either of these records, hit me up.

While I have your attention, check out my man-friend Morgan's new blog. He talks about records, music, and anything and everything. Dude is backed. Square Eyes!

1 comment:

Good One Dick Head! said...

I actually really like the art for the Broken Patterns EP. It would be spot on if it were screen printed.

Not keen on the tunes though...